Schengen Visa Countries List
The Schengen Visa is the representative of the collective of 26 European countries that have mutually decided to eliminate passport and immigration controls at their joint borders. One can freely travel within these 26 European countries in and out of this zone as one single country.
The Schengen Area Member States:
The visa requirement are more or less the same with slight variation from one country to the other country and all of them are using different forms. A list of generic documents required by most of the Schengen Countries is mentioned below and may vary from country to country.
Passport : Original Passport with validity of minimum six months and minimum two blank pages for visa stamps.
- One photocopy of passport first and last page
- Photocopies of valid/ expired US, UK and previous Schengen Visa
- Passports issued beyond 10 years will not be accepted by the Embassy
- Handwritten passports will not be accepted.
- Passports with manual observation will be accepted provided that applicant must submit the copies of the pages on which the observation have been made.
- Attach all your old passports (if any)
Schengen Visa Application Form : One visa application form back to back duly filled and signed on column 37 and 38 The following form also need to be duly filled, signed and submitted along with the application
- Visa Insurance Undertaking
- Declaration Form (applicable if travel is less than 15 Calendar days from the date of submission).
Please note : Applicant mobile number should be mentioned in visa form as Embassy / Consulate can contact the applicant at any point of time during visa processing
Photo Specification: Two recent passport size coloured photographs with glossy finish, 70%-80% face coverage, white background and without border (Size: 35mm x 45mm)
Please note: Photograph should not be more than 3 months old, scanned/stapled and should not be used in any of the previous visas
Covering-Letter : Covering Letter from applicant on business letter head mentioning name, designation, passport number, purpose and duration of visit in brief. The letter should be duly signed by authorized signatory with company stamp and addressed to – The Visa Officer, Embassy of **** (France/Germany/Italy…) , New Delhi
- Covering Letter on Letterhead if applicant is Self Employed or on plain paper if Employed.
- Dispatch details has to be mentioned in the covering letter.
- Personal I.T.R for last three years
- Personal Bank Statement for last six months
- Salary slip for the last six months
Proof of Occupation
- Company Registration Certificate / Certificate of Incorporation
- Brief Company Profile
- Appointment Letter / No Objection Certificate from employer
For any student under 18,
- Applicants are requested by the French authorities to provide with either a photocopy of certificate from their school or university or any other document as a proof of their enrollment as a student.
- NOC from school mentioning the dates of trip
- If you are travelling alone – An authorization letter signed by both parents to travel alone. The authorization has to be certified by an entitled Indian authority and enclose copy of the parents’ identity.
- If the minor is travelling with a guardian: The guardian has to be legally authorized by the minor’s parents to accompany him/her and take any measure that be needed in case of illness, accident,etc.
- If the minor is accompanied by only one of his/her parents, the other one should give his/her legal authorization to let her/his child travelling with his/her spouse.
Proof of Accommodation : Hotel confirmation for the entire period of stay in Schengen area OR sponsorship certificate (attestation d’accueil*)in Original
Please Note : Hotel should match the ticket dates and maximum stay should be in France
Airline Reservation : Ticket Itinerary
Please Note : The travel itinerary should be after 12-15 days from the date of submission of application.
Medical : Original and copy of Medical travel Insurance for the stay duration amounting to 30,000 Euros Insurance should have the validity for at least 10-15 days more after the return to India.
Please Note : Insurance to be done by the Authorized Insurance Companies
- Indian nationals can apply their applications in any of the visa application centres in India irrespective of the jurisdiction.
- With effect from 1-Nov-2015 all Schengen countries require applicants to visit VFS centre in person with prior appointment. Applicants need to carry the completed application and documents for Biometric data processing. This data is valid for future applications too for next 5 years. We can help you complete your application, documentation, processing and taking appointments for the VFS. Our representation can meet you at the VFS Centre if required. Once the Biometric data is collected we can process your future applications without your visiting VFS in person.
- For some Schengen Countries VFS will courier the documents to the applicant’s residence with an additional cost of Rs.300.